01 02 03 Pinterest 911: 5,4,3,2,1 BLAST OFF to Rocket Rolls! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

5,4,3,2,1 BLAST OFF to Rocket Rolls!

34

In our house bread is a popular staple...HOMEMADE bread now that adds a whole new element. For this reason I have been experimenting with an assortment of recipes ever since my Incredible GrandBear found me my antique kneading machine.



Before that I had been using my state of the art bread machine. We never used it very often as the machine bread  produced a very  heavy, dense bread ...although it was extremely delicious when it was fresh and still HOT, with the butter melting faster than we could lift it to our watering mouths, beyond those first moments the bread lost its appeal. It would very quickly become dry and more like a dead weight than the light, airy bread we were use to from our local bakery. In the beginning I started with the bread recipes that GrandBear left with me from her collection...YUMMMMMYYY!!! After giving those a few tries and being met with loving praise from my Bear Family, I decided to get brave and branch out into some new breaditory (lol...like what I did there?) A recipe that I found a few months ago on Pinterest drew me in just from the pictures that Suzanne of "You Made That?"  had posted on her blog back in February of this year.
ROCKET ROLLS...and YES they live up to their name...trust me your mouth is going to BLAST OFF!
Their sweet, buttery texture...MMMmmm....My mouth is watering now just thinking about them. They taste just as good even days later. In fact I just used the last 2, last night with our spaghetti and ceasar salad to make into Garlic Bread...as if they couldn't get any better and YET they did! I plan on using this recipe to make some homemade Pork Buns next week so Stay Tuned for that recipe update.



ROCKET ROLLS INGREDIENTS:

1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
1 Cup Lukewarm Water
1/4 C Canola Oil
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1.5 Cups Water (more if needed)
6.5 Cups White Flour
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
Pinch of Cinnamon
Butter for brushing the top of the warm rolls


Directions:

Dissolve the yeast in to a large mixing bowl with the 1 Cup of lukewarm water and leave it to stand for 5 min.


Now whisk the oil, egg, sugar and the 1.5Cups of warm water. Add in the flour and mix on medium speed until the dough holds together...roughly 5 minutes. If the dough is not sticking together then please add in a few tablespoons of flour. In fact the other day when I made these it was quite humid so I had to add in another 6 tablespoons of flour before I got the right consistency...don't be shy with the flour but add in only a couple Tbsps at a time. If on the other hand your dough is looking too dry, feel free to add in water a tablespoon at a time.


 Once you have the right consistency, let the dough rest for 20 minutes. When you have reached the 20 minute mark toss in the Sea Salt, cinnamon and knead well. Now I, remove the dough from the bowl I have been using; wash it and then oil it up with my EVOO sprayer...up to you whether you want to dirty another bowl or not...but once you have prepped a bowl then place your dough in the middle, cover it with a tea towel and let that baby rise for at least an hour and a half. My dough usually rises for 2-3 hours but that is only because I prep it so early...1.5 at the very least is fine though.

Once your dough has finished rising it is time to preheat your oven to a toasty 350 Degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Now for BabyBears favorite part...PUNCHing down the dough! If you have a little one in your home, make sure to wash them up and let them have a go...it will make their day.


 With the punching done, pinch off pieces of dough and roll them into golf ball size for dinner rolls or tennis ball sizes for sandwich rolls. Arrange the dough on the pan  and cover them all with a tea towel, allowing them to rise for another 20 minutes. This rising will not make the double in size...their last growth will happen in the heat of the oven.


Bake the rolls in the oven for 18-30 minutes or until they are a slight golden brown. Immediately after removing them from the oven, before your kitchen is flocked with watering mouths and grabby hands, take a stick of butter and rub the top of each bun...   DELICIOUS!!! Now all that is left to do is ... ENJOY!!!


So what are you still doing here? ...Go ENJOY! but make sure to come back tomorrow for something new and to leave a comment below on how yours turned out.





Labels:

35 36 37 38