01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Egg White Tip Tuesday 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Egg White Tip Tuesday

34
Have you ever done one of those face peel masks? You know the ones that make your family run screaming at the sight of you when it is drying? Who needs a Halloween costume, when you can use a face cleanse mask. I use to do them more when I was a teenager...being very careful to stay in my room and avoid those blackmail pictures that family's like to take of you in vulnerable teenage states. As an adult I find that I always put things like that off with the excuse of;  "I don't have the time". That is until yesterday when I finally took the time...

You only need 2 ingredients for this for this mix and one supply to make this DIY mask happen:



1 Egg White
2 tsp Lemon juice ( I used fresh squeezed but I am sure the store bought would work too)
Kleenex or Toilet Paper

Crack your egg white in your bowl, being careful not to get any of the yoke in there with it. Taking a fork you need to beat your egg white slightly...just to the point where you see the froth starting up. Now you can add in your lemon juice and beat them together for a few seconds more.

Once you are finished you will have something that looks like this:



Standing in front of your mirror you will gently smear this gooey concoction you created all over your problem areas. I find that I have issues with my nose area, at times I  will get these little tiny red spots on it from build up in my pores. I figured am hoping that using the mix in this spot might help alleviate that issue. 

After you have the egg whites where you want them you will begin to take ripped up pieces of your tissue and lay them on top...making sure to cover over all the areas with egg white with them. ( I found it worked best if I split the 2 layers of the tissue apart and used them separately)

You are creating a mask like affect. When doing this I felt very much like I was creating a self portrait via paper mache mask. If you have covered all the egg white on your face in paper you will now need to apply one last layer of egg white on top and then allow it to dry completely. Since I only did my nose area it did not take more than 20 minutes to dry...the dry time will depend completely on your humidity in your home and how much of an area you decide to cover at one time. All I can tell you is that you want it 100% dry before trying to peel it off. It will get itchy underneath the paper so please do not be alarmed. That is just the sign that your mask is drying out. This is a good thing as it is not only getting you closer to your peel off (the fun part) but it is removing all the excess oils from your skin. Once your paper is completely dry you will need to begin to peel off your mask. I found it easiest to peel from the top to the middle and bottom to the middle as well. It pulled in some areas and felt at times like I was peeling a layer of skin off but in the end I got nice clean, tightly closed pores and a baby skin soft surface. Wash any remaining egg white of your face with warm water and apply a small amount of moisturizer the areas and you are set. This mask will work for oily skin use twice per week and for dry skin no more than twice in a ten day span.

Now Go Scare someone in your family while having a facial...might as well get two things done at the same time. If you have a different DIY face mask I would love to see the recipe...please do not be shy and leave yours in the comment section below.

This post was a featured favorite on Crafty Tuesday.


Labels:

35 36 37 38