01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

34
Since the weekend is fast approaching I thought I would share one of our favorite Sunday brunch staples. I know everyone has had these before but trust me when I say you have not had THESE before.

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

1 Cup Flour
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp White Sugar
1 Med or Large Egg 
1 Cup Buttermilk
3 Tbsp Melted Butter
Blueberries, Chocolate and or Peanut Butter Chipits, White Melting Chocolate, Bananas, Grated Cheese (Optional)


Now I have to warn you that my pancake prep goes against all that has ever been taught about mixing wet and dry ingredients separately. Having said that please feel free to mix the above ingredients as you see fit and if you are brave enough to follow along continue reading below for my technique.


Start by adding to your mixer bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar...blend well if you like but not necessary. 

Now is a good time to prep your buttermilk if you don't already have that item on hand.



To the dry ingredients crack in your egg



(you will notice 2 in my picture here but that is because I always double or even triple waffle or pancake recipes so that I can freeze leftovers for a quick breakfast during the week). Mix them together...while it is mixing pour in your buttermilk...continue to mix just until combined but NOT until smooth. If you see some small lumps throughout do not worry as this is normal and necessary for light, fluffy pancakes. Leave your batter to rest while you heat up a frying pan to medium heat.

To test if your pan is warm enough toss some butter on it and if it bubbles then you are ready to start adding your pancakes. Pour your pancake batter into circles with a 1 Cup measuring cup that has been filled about 3/4 of the way full. I usually use the bottom of the measuring cup to circle around the the batter and help it to move out into a circle.

While the first side of your pancakes are cooking you can add whatever filling you would like to the wet upside. This time around I chose to go with frozen blueberries but I have used grated cheese, chocolate chips and even extract to flavour each set of pancakes different. This will save you either having to not have flavours because one person doesn't like something OR having to divide the batter into many separate bowls to accommodate all of your flavour options.



You will know when your pancake is ready to be flipped when you see little bubbles forming on the the wet batter side and they have begun to pop....FLIP!



Enjoy!



In case you want to make a quick go of it one morning this batter can be made 24 hours in advance and left to sit covered in the fridge for use the following morning.


Now Go Be Brave...and make a delicious multi-flavour filled Sunday Brunch this weekend.

Do you mix your ingredients separately or are you rebel like me and throw them all in at once?


Don't forget to come on over to my new Facebook Fan Page  https://www.facebook.com/PinterestNine11...I would love to see it become a community page of sharing thoughts and ideas...plus with enough LIKES I will be hosting giveaways and contest...so don't delay, COME OVER TODAY!








Labels:

35 36 37 38