01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Happy 16th Birthday To You! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Happy 16th Birthday To You!

34
16 years ago today filled with so much emotion that I could hardly see through the tears in my eyes; I got my first glimpse of a tiny, dark curly head of hair.

My first child...

It was a deeper more emotional experience than I could have ever imagined it would be. Despite the fact that I had been around and taken care of many kids by that point in my life, I was not prepared for how having my own little one would affect me. It is true what they say; having a child will change your ENTIRE world ...not just change it but change it for the better.

JrBear melted my heart in ways that no one up to that point had ever been able to. The day I got to take him home, felt surreal...I kept thinking that someone would be coming to get him at any moment, as if I had only been babysitting him. This feeling stayed with me for the entire first few days. Still each and everyday our connection grew deeper...the more time I spent with him the more I wanted to spend time with him. Watching him sleep, nurse and engage in the world around him was something I could not get enough of. I pretty much never left his side...if I went out he went with me, if I had a bath he was there...he slept cuddled right at my side...I was IN LOVE and never wanted to miss a moment.

And  yet somehow with all that close connection time has moved faster than I would have liked and we are finding ourselves here 16 years later...embarking on a new journey...a journey where I have to let go just a little bit more as my once tiny, dark haired JrBear stretches his wings of independence just a little bit further. Our time together up to this point has been an adventure; more incredible than I could have ever imagined. An amazing boy who is very quickly becoming an extraordinary young man...I am so blessed to have been a part of his shaping and molding this far and I look forward to the adventure that is yet to come....

Happy 16th Birthday JrBear... From a Loving MamaBear who's heart you melted all those years ago and still do to this day.



Labels:

35 36 37 38