01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Old Time Favorites - Apple Crisp 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Old Time Favorites - Apple Crisp

34
Monday's are a difficult day for most people...they mean that you have a whole other 4 days to go before relaxation time again. I thought since I feel that way most Monday, but especially this Monday due to having been up with a sick BabyBear last night, that starting off the week with a sweet treat was the way to go...traditional in our home is the sweet taste of:

Apple Crisp ...who doesn't love that sweet warm cinnamon flavor topped with freezing cold vanilla ice cream and perhaps a slice of cheese? Want to make some of your own? Keep reading below...

8 Apples Peeled and Chopped
Sprinkle of Lemon Juice
Cinnamon to Taste
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine

Start by heating your oven to a toasty warm 375ยบ.

Now is the time to get peeling and chopping. If you have one of those apple corers I say go for it ...although I have one I did not pull it out this time around but instead did it all by hand...don't ask me why, not sure myself really.

Once your apples are all ready to go in a heat proof bowl sprinkle on a touch of lemon juice...either fresh squeezed or from a bottle and mix to combine.


To that you can add your cinnamon to taste...if I had to guess how much I put in I would say 2 Tablespoons worth...and mix again.




In a separate bowl you can cut together your Sugar, your Oatmeal and Butter until you see tiny clumps of sweet goodness all over the bowl.



Pour your topping all over the apples and place them in the HOT oven for 30 minutes. By now you should already be smelling the goodness.



Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before dishing up with a healthy helping of Vanilla Ice Cream...and if you are like me a slice or 2 of cheese.

ENJOY!




Now Go Be Brave...and enjoy the best of the old today!



Labels:

35 36 37 38