01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Preschool Style Sewing Fun! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Preschool Style Sewing Fun!

34
For us creative moms out there, there is nothing better than having one of your little ones take a deep interest in the same loves that you share. BabyBear has been in my corner when it comes to crafting and creating since she could walk and talk at 18 months. We have done everything from homemade moon sand, coloured rice to exploding balloons, bubbling baking soda and vinegar eruptions to gluing, painting, notebooking, baking and now ....

SEWING!!! can be added to that LONG list.

I decided a few weeks back that she was big enough to attempt working with a needle and thread to sew a small hand puppet for herself. When I approached her on this subject she literally burst out with a resounding YES! YES! YES! Mommy!!! Since we were in the week before Easter I decided a simple bunny would be our creation. BabyBear of course picked out the colours...PINK and PURPLE...purple is her go to colour most times. I gathered all the supplies and we got down to business.

Would you like to make your own with that little person in your life? Please feel free to follow along after grabbing these items...



Start by cutting out of paper a rounded top with squared off bottom shape, along with a pointed ear shape like these...



You will also need to cut yourself a small nose and what I call ear fillers as seen below in pink...



Now you are ready to thread your needle and begin to stitch the ears on to the back piece of your bunny. In this picture you will notice that there are no stitches


...and that is because I actually hot glued those on BUT I found that when it came to sewing the top piece in place it was almost; not completely but almost impossible to get the needle through...I had to stitch those areas for BabyBear as I didn't want her to hurt herself. To save you the pain of needle pokes and pricks I am suggesting that you sew them in place instead.

Being that I like to do things the difficult way "unintentionally" of course I added the facial features after sewing the two sides together BUT again to save you the hassle and frustration I suggest you sew on the nose, eyes and mouth BEFORE attaching your two sides together...but you already knew that and I didn't have to tell you I'm sure. Aren't you glad I do these things for your entertainment? Anything to bring a smile to someones face.

Once your ears are in place you can now pin your top piece on to it to hold it in place while you sew around the edges.



Starting with your needle poking through the bottom side of the top piece ONLY....pull the thread all the way through sandwiching your knotted thread end in between the two layers. Now it is all straight stitching all the way around....wrap around to the bottom push the needle up through...and repeat all the way around until you have this...



Although yours will already have its facial features and look more like this...



So cute...and BabyBear was so thrilled with herself that she wanted me share the video I took with everyone we know. I look forward to all the upcoming sewing projects we will create together.

Now Go Be Brave... and sew your way in to a little one's heart today.






Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38