01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Pop Up Pancakes 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Pop Up Pancakes

34

Well, that was a long hiatus - life got in the way but I am now back and enthusiastic about the adventure we are starting...

To start off my weekly postings I will be sharing with you our long time favourite recipe for what is known on the world wide web as POP UP PANCAKES. These are super simple to whip up even if you don't have a mixer - just pop all the ingredients in to your blender, mix, pour, bake and ENJOY!!

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

RECIPE: (makes 24)

1 Cup of Milk

1 Cup Flour
6 eggs
1/4 Cup Melted Butter ( cooled)
Dash of Salt 

Toss all of the above ingredients in to your blender - I did not get a picture of this part but I am sure you can manage. Blend until SMOOOOOOTHHHH!


ALERT:  This is an important step - GREASE your cups. I tried using my oil sprayer on the first batch but they stuck the bottom of the pan when baked. The second time around I used a brush and some butter and the pancakes popped out like it was no big deal. I will tell you; that having the bottoms rip off was a blessing because we just filled each cup with fruit, syrup and whip cream - Delicious little gems so either way works. I have learned that in the kitchen and life in general that you can turn even the biggest mishaps in to something delicious or beautiful - the trick is to NOT PANIC!

Pour the mix in to each muffin tin - filling them until 1/3 full. (Please disregard the messy trays - the pictures were taken after my 1st batch was baked - I usually double this recipe because they are popular around here as leftovers)




Place the tins in your hot oven and bake for 15 minutes - at the very least until they are puffy and golden on top - By time I took these out and took the picture they were already falling flat. Guess next time I have to take the picture in the oven but who wants to see that? - Not me...regardless this cupped shape you are left with is perfect for filling with all your toppings.




Pop them out right after you remove the pan from the oven and top with your favourite fruit, syrup and whip cream - Mmmm so good! My mouth is watering as I write this.

Now I am going to make yours water with this picture -




Next time I make them I think we are going to add a little grated cheese to the mix - what do you think? Yeah or Nay?

Let me know if you try these out - I would love to know what you think.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38